Since asbestos was banned in 2003 in Australia, most people are aware of the dangers of asbestos exposure, and while DIY removal may seem like a cheap option, it comes with potentially fatal health risks. As soon as asbestos is drilled, broken, moved or unsettled, it will produce microscopic fibers which can be inhaled, leading to deadly asbestos-related illnesses.
Safe Asbestos Removal
Professional asbestos roof removal is an investment in your family’s health, and you should only hire a professional that will take exceptional care. When selecting an asbestos roof removal company, make sure you choose a company that:
- Is a licensed professional
- Follows safe asbestos removal procedures in compliance with the Asbestos Removal Code
- Provides an Asbestos Clearance Certificate when the work is completed
Cost of Asbestos Roof Removal
Safe asbestos roof removal can vary from $30-$60 per square metre to move and dispose of the roofing material, depending on the difficulty and size of the job. Influences on the cost per square metre include:
- Roof gradient and height – the steeper or higher the roof, the more expensive it is to remove
- The state of sheeting – smaller or broken sheeting can cost more than large, undisturbed sheeting
- Tipping costs to dump the asbestos roofing – this can vary depending on how far away the tipping centre is located
- Whether there are any other obstacles or impediments such as access to the roof, trees, load-bearing walls etc.
- The presence of insulation, and whether the pre-existing insulation requires removal. This can be determined by a site inspection.
Given there can be so many variables that influence the cost of asbestos roof removal, it’s important to obtain an on-site quote from an asbestos roof removal professional.
Roof replacement cost
The cost of replacing your roof is generally between $45 to $65 per square metre on average, depending on your roof preference and other variables such as:
- Roof Batton integrity (are there any damaged roof battons and are any replacement battons required.
- Roof design will effect labour costs (i.e a simple roof design as opposed to a complex roof design)
- Highset roof safety requirements. (Safety Rail requirements on all roofs above 3m)
- Access requirements
The Mighty Roofer is a professional asbestos roof removal company. Contact Us today for a free, no obligation quote.